Friday, July 2, 2010

John Adams Predicts July 2 Will Be "Memorable Epocha"

The real birthday of the United States of America is NOT the Fourth of July. Not according to John Adams. Nope. It's the SECOND of July.

On July 3, 1776, John Adams wrote his wife, Abigail, predicting that "the Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America."

Why? Because it was on July 2, 1776 that the Continental Congress voted for American independence.

You can read the Adams letter by clicking on the following link...

"Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, July 3, 1776"


4 comments:

Recycle-Bikes said...

very cool

alfred said...

Excellent blog.

Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog and I like your way of posting.

I am very much interested in adding http://americanrevolutionblog.blogspot.com/ in my blog http://the-american-history.blogspot.com/.

I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

Hope to see a positive reply.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!

factasy.com said...

Are you preparing for the Second American Civil War?

I believe it will start when Amnesty for illegals is forced on American citizens against their will, just like Obamacare was. Seriously! No mater what side you are on! You can't be dumb enough to NOT realise the fuse is already lit!
http://www.factasy.com/civil_war/

Kalender 2013 said...

Nice post, i think this is a nice post





_________________________________
Jadwal Liga Inggris update :: Jadwal 16 Besar Liga Champion Eropa :: Mivo TV :: RCTI Online :: MNC TV :: Global TV :: TV One :: Harga Blackberry :: Kalender 2013 :: Kata Kata Cinta :: Kata Kata Mutiara :: Kartun Lucu :: Kata Kata Gombal :: 4Shared :: Tangga Lagu Indonesia :: Tangga Lagu Barat :: Biodata Blink :: Biodata Coboy Junior :: Biodata Bessara :: Biodata One Direction :: Biodata Malik One Direction Biodata Liam One Direction :: Biodata Louis One Direction :: Biodata Niall One Direction :: Biodata Harry One Direction :: Cipto Junaedy :: Passing Grade PTN Indonesia :: Cara Menginstall Linux Ubuntu :: Pengertian Google Chrome :: Raja Gombal :: Mobil Terbesar Di Dunia